Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday on the Couch

Sometimes this is just how it should be.

Today is one of those days where I have about an hour of energy at a time, and then I need at least two hours on the couch to recover.  We're entering hour seven of Olympic viewing.  We, of course, being Gaia who is sleeping next to me.  Seems that every Olympic athlete this year has kinesio tape somewhere on them.  I could only handle about three points in the women's beach volleyball game, since every point was followed by excessive celebration.  Too much hugging.  Caught a couple of rowing heats - the women's 8+ was just plain full of Rar, which is to be expected.  The women's lightweight double from Greece was by far the most beautiful rowing all day.  Pure grace.  I'm currently watching synchronized diving, which is really very cool.  The American pair are adorable (i.e. I collect rubber ducks... Oh my God, I do too!).

Adam went climbing in Index today, and is now sitting in Hwy 2 traffic trying to get home.  Hopefully this latest nap on the couch will carry me through dinner.    It probably hasn't helped that all I've eaten today is a baguette with some squishy cheese.  Earlier I added some dates & walnuts.  Pork loin on the grill, plus bell pepper pasta will be a welcome addition to my digestive system later on.  Whenever Adam is back in Seattle, we'll make our run over to Chuck's Beer Haven for a delicious companion to the meal.

The big news is that Friday I took delivery of Victoria Wilhemena, the blue Jetta Sportwagen that now sites in my driveway.  Let me start off with - it is SO MUCH COOLER now to own a station wagon than it was 25 years ago when our parents did it.  It's a little Adventure-mobile now.  Yesterday we took it out to the crag and 12+ miles of unpaved/sometimes-washed-out forest service roads properly began the break in process.  Then Gaia got to ride in it this morning, and a little dog hair really does make it my car.  It's pretty fantastic,  and the TDI means 45(ish) mpg.  Win.  Also win because after about three days of riding to and from work I just don't have the energy to deal with the other cyclists, pedestrians, and drivers.


What else do you do with a new car on Day 1?

And how could I forget to report that Adam has a new motorcycle?  And he DOES NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.  I will be much more excited about it when we have a side car, helmet and goggles for Gaia.

She's so excited.  But I'm not sure she understands why.

1 comment: