Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ohio, Day 7

Adam continues to whoop it up in OH/PA.  Now with fresh truck tires so he's only slightly less likely to get stuck in the snow.

I am on the third and final day of the juice cleanse.  Long story short: I. Am. Starving.  In the plus category: using the juicer is wicked fun (pulverizing unsuspecting vegetables is a bit of a high), I have lots of cashew meats to make cashew butter, and if I were to need an emergency colonoscopy, I'd be ready.  Minus category: I'm hungry, I keep feeling like I might pass out, and I've been snapping at my coworkers all day.  The website of the cleanse I followed insisted that I would have extraordinary amounts of energy since I wasn't using it on digestion.  LIES.  They also said I could exercise, but they must have been meaning those little girls on ellipticals, because running today was slow, and the aftermath (i.e. no substance) was painful.  But like I said, shoving stuff through the juicer was awesome.  Except lemons.  They produce about an ounce of juice each, and must be peeled.  I think I get more out of the squeezy contraption that does not require peeling, so that will be the way forward.  And mixing said lemon juice with bourbon and maple syrup.  But I digress.  I'm actually a little nervous about adding foods back in tomorrow.  Kale & a poached egg is on the menu for breakfast, since I'm suppose to start slow (which apparently means no bacon).  Sushi tomorrow night for Dana's return from Down Under / birthday dinner.  New Guy Pat (NGP) and I figure raw fish will be like defibrillation for my digestive system, which could be fun, but I might stick to miso soup and eggplant.  I'm already planning dinner Saturday evening with Martina: pork tenderloin, cherry tomato pie, whatever veggie dish she thinks of, wine and coconut ice cream.

Ok, before this turns into a food blog...

I'm forcing myself to take a break from Grey's Anatomy.  I've made good progress on the series since Adam has been gone, but I'm not sure I can do a marathon session every night.  Wait, no.  I'm not sure I *should* do a marathon session every night.  Not without the coconut ice cream -- which, for the record, I am attempting to perfect in the next three weeks so that it's perfect when Adam comes home.  Just for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment