Monday, March 5, 2012

Midway, Day 81

I am happy to report that Gaia is not shaking with exhaustion anymore.  But the back leg is pretty much non functional - she's not even trying to get up on the couch these days.  Back on the anti-inflamitories and pain killers.  And back to doggie acupuncture on Friday.  Hopefully the healing properties will outweigh the anxiety she gets these days with the needles.  And we can probably get more drugs.

I am rapidly running out of time before Adam gets home.  Mom & Dad will be here Thursday through Monday, and until then I'm just prepping for that (when's the last time I cleaned the bathroom?).  I have to do my taxes sometime in the next few weeks to get it in before we leave for Europe.  I've got stuff to get ready down at Adam's for when he gets back (mostly just food to sustain us for the first weekend, and maybe a deep clean of the dog hair that's in the rugs).  And I'm trying to get all these work hours in so that I can continue to get paid while I'm out of town.  Ack!

But, most importantly, I must announce that adding a fried egg to your meal just makes it better.  Example: toast with goat cheese, turkey and spinach is pretty freaking good.  Put a fried egg on top of that and it's flat out amazing.  I used to be afraid of not fully cooked egg yolks, and I thought they were pretty gross, but I have realized the errors of my thinking, and am embracing the yolky runny goodness.  On everything.

Inspiration by Aimee.  Another reason we were instant friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment