Thursday, March 15, 2012

Midway, Day 91

Well, kids this is it.  End of the line.  Adam is going to get his last dinner on the island.  Bags are packed and waiting to load up on the G2.  My three months of solitude are nearly over: T-minus 24 hours until the boy lands in Seattle.  ACK!!!  Where did the last three months go??

Today I blew out of work early to go get an extended bikini sugaring.  Kind of like waxing, but far less painful, much faster, and requires no chemicals to remove the leftover paste.  Pretty sweet stuff (har har har).  So I'm feeling fabulous about that - and it's kind of Adam's welcome home present.

I was poking around Dorkbook this afternoon and found evidence of a tornado that blew through Dexter, Michigan where Brian and I used to live.  A little research and it sure did look like our old 'hood.  I emailed Brian, and he did a bunch more research and determined the house that was leveled was only a block from our old place.  Reality check.  He's still trying to figure out of our work buddies & neighbors are all alright, but I didn't see anything other than property damage in the AP release, and I'm hoping it's right.  Pretty scary.

Got down to Ballard this evening to clean up around Adam's place.  I got started with the vacuum cleaner and kind of got carried away because its suction was so awesome.  Did all my dirty dishes from the last few weeks and cleaned the mold out of the fridge.  I figure since we'll likely be spending all weekend there, I want it to be clean.  Tomorrow I'll make a grocery run and deliver the pooch before making my trek to the airport.

Didn't sleep worth crap last night, so it's off to bed for this girl.  Gaia doesn't know that while it's our last night snuggling together, she has SO MANY snuggles ahead of her!  Me too!  Woot woot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment