Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Midway, Day 89

I have been craving chocolate frosting & graham crackers for weeks - since I discovered there is a commercially made GF graham cracker.  Tonight I finally made it.  The frosting could have used some more butter, but whatever.  It's sugary and chocolatey and crunchy and graham crackery.  And I promise to (try) not eat it all in one sitting tonight.  I decided that if I were going to make it, it should probably be before the boy comes back, since he would definitely not approve of this delicious midwestern treat.

Long flight test day - flying is very trying on the body.  Or I'm getting old.  Then the boathouse had no power, so the door code wasn't working, which meant a workout in the bike room.  Gaia adds a whole new dimension of difficulty to planks and push ups and burpees and any other exercise in which you might get down to doggie level for any finite amount of time.  My weird headaches are back too, which is frustrating to no end.  The pain sits right behind my eyes and into my forehead and does not go away regardless of my efforts.  But then it will just go away for no apparent reason for a totally random amount of time.  I'll mention it to the chiropractor next week because I have a feeling he'll have something intelligent to say about it.  I was reading the online health forums (which Adam would also not approve of, so let's not tell him about that one) and it was everything from sinuses to C4 disk problems to BIH, whatever that is, but apparently requires a spinal tap to fix.  No thanks, I'll stick to the chocolate and graham crackers - they seem to be working for now.

Countdown stands at 74 hours until touchdown in Seattle.  And it can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment