Sunday, March 31, 2013

Midway II, Day 3

Two posts in one day -- clearly I am avoiding doing my taxes.  And of course the internet needs to know what's going on in my life, so it's actually quite serendipitous.  In the ever-changing game plan of the weekend, it currently stands as blogging, doing the dishes, pulling the laundry out and going to bed.

Adam is sending Midway photos again.  Sign up for the jealousy club here.

Leaving on a G2 plane...

Dolphins off the cargo pier.

Cribbage with Tim!


In reverse order... Note that it's been 65-70 degrees and cloudless-skies this weekend.  The first well-earned good weather since November.

Dana came down tonight for dinner and sunset viewing on the roof.  I was more wiped from today's ride than I thought I would be, so I don't think I was really great company.  But dinner with Dana is always lovely, and it was nice (although I actually felt a bit out of place) to do it here instead of in Fremont.  I think she gave Gaia a dose of speed in the squeaky donut, because the dog had a renewed sense of energy, but has since PTFO'd.

The rest of today was relaxing and near perfect.  I slept in (much needed) and made it a point to not have plans in the morning.  I had intended on walking Gaia down to Georgetown for a doggie wash, but she was so pooped still that we didn't even make it around the block until this evening.  So I made french toast waffles and coffee, got my belated blog post up, and generally cleaned up around the loft.  Then I loaded Lexi on the Jetta and went in search of a semi-epic ride.  I have yet to remember that when adding three trails at Duthie to the middle of the Grand Ridge out and back that I need snacks.  Lots of them.  I only had a gu today, and even after five pieces of french toast waffles, I was wiped well before reaching the car.  I also crushed my pinky toe between the pedal and some tree roots, and I'm walking a bit like Igor.  To the ibuprofen!  And possibly to the athletic tape!

Yesterday I had a nice row with Lisa in the morning (aren't they always nice?) -- we got out on the lake for the first time in a long time and nearly completely avoided the intraclub race that had started earlier in the morning.  (Except for the part where we banged the boat on the ramp because we were distracted by the beautiful gay man on the dock.  No one can blame us though -- not once they've met Andy.)  Then I swung home to pick up Gaia and some calories and met Emily and her pup for a walk over at Seward park.  These two miles were too much for Danger Mutt and she's barely moved since we got home.  Emily and I went by the latest installment of the Patagonia sample sale where I convinced Mike to hand over the Fall '13 sweater dress that I've been oogling for a few weeks.  Regan and I connected there and she decided to join me over at the Worm a few hours later to get a taste of some Renton riding.  I had a great ride -- twice through Tapeworm and feeling strong the whole time; turns out chasing Adam around for a week was really good for my overall athleticism.  Regan did great for her first time out too; the Worm is not beginner-friendly.  But I think she's got a lot of non-NW riding under her belt, so she had a better base than I did starting out there.  I got home, got cleaned up, got the wi-fi to reach the roof and sat outside with a beer and the iPad.  Exactly what I had been wanting for a few days.  About the time I got chilly, Martina called and asked if I was busy or if she could come over with a bottle of wine.  Duh.  We threw some food together and enjoyed the Pure Grace she brought, and just generally had a wonderful time catching up.  More of that is in order.

Friday evening I went to the Paramount with Mike to see Phoenix in concert.  Their opening band was just bad.  Like a bunch of middle school kids rocking out in their parents' garage.  And maybe I'm getting old, but the bass thumping my chest and the standing and the crowds and the strobe light show were just too much.  I just flat out don't really like big concerts anymore.  Give me a night at the Triple Door any time, but Friday night I was really wishing I had ear plugs.  I'd still say Phoenix put on a damn good show, but it's just not my thing anymore.  (And yes, you damn kids need to get off my lawn.)

And to the dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment