Monday, March 4, 2013

Ohio, Day 19

Pretty productive evening, just waiting for laundry to finish before snooze time. What was not productive, nor helpful in any way is how signing in to Facebook on the iPad imported all my FB contacts (to keep them up to date for me), because now I have 400 totally random people on my iPad. Guess that's motivation to start defriending folks.

Anyway, I did get a cake baked for Fred's birthday tomorrow. I'm digging this make my own powdered sugar thing. Bernie can't have cane sugar, so I've been pulverizing beet sugar in the blender with some starch to use in the frosting. And I tell ya, I sampled tonight's chocolate cream cheese frosting until I had a belly ache. Also made some salmon cakes for dinner and lunch tomorrow, which just didn't turn out as well as when Adam makes them. Got some kale ready to go for breakfast, got a couple of care packages ready to send to Wisconsin (no kale), and took some kick ass sunset pictures... Which may or may not get included in this post, TBD what the iPad decides.

In sucky news, Frank Cunningham has died. The legend. The only coach who could tell you that you were wasting your time in this sport and have you coming back for more. The man who's face would light up when you asked him to explain something or demonstrate a technique. The rowing world has lost a great man, kick ass (albeit unconventional) coach, and kindred spirit, and it's a bit more dull and unforgiving than it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment