Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Midway, Day 26

A few things of note: I have decided that 2012 will be the year of the cookie.  That is, I will attempt to make each recipe out of the Gourmet Cookie Book once this year.  68 recipes, 51 weeks to go.  Better get crackin'.

Adam called last night after I was already snuggled up with Gaia in bed.  He was awfully chatty and started asking about the upcoming trip to Florida (for what is bound to be a riveting IMAC extravaganza).  He was mostly interested in dates, and such details are not normally on his radar, so he certainly had my attention.  Anyway, turns out that - he thinks - if there is an open seat on one of these Thursday flights from Honolulu to Midway, he can bring a guest.  So we launched into a flurry of conversation of logistics and when I could come out, and so on and so forth.  I need everyone on the internet to keep their fingers and toes crossed that the half dozen people that he needs to clear this with are on board.  EVERYONE.

Also sounds like France is a go, so all that hope of paying off my credit card while Adam is away has pretty  much become a lost cause.  Not to mention the 10% off booze closing sale over at Greenwood Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment