Thursday, January 12, 2012

Midway, Day 28

I am damn near positive that Midway is a GO.  Or, at least I have a ticket to Honolulu for next month.  Adam called Monday to confirm dates.  Then when I asked about it Tuesday he said, "oh, I didn't check."  WHAT!!!  Then today I get an email requesting to fill out some travel info, and 20 minutes later a travelocity notice that I will be arriving in Honolulu at 1:35p on February 9th.  I did multiple jigs at my desk.  Then some more up the hall to tell the FNG and Pat.  Then a few more becuase otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have just exploded with excitement.  I haven't actually talked to the man yet, so if this is still only a "maybe" I will need to prepare myself for an epic fall on to very hard concrete.

Gretchen has decided to do the cookie project with me.  Well, from Pittsburgh, and as much as her two little girls will let her.  But it will be fun to have someone to compare cookie notes with.  And interesting to see how they differ between the gluten content.

I've been a total zombie this week.  But not the kind that wants to eat people and take over humanity.  The kind that wants to just sit and drool in the evenings.  This kitchen project is still looming, and the card table that's set up in the dining area is totally useless because it's covered in tools waiting to be used to put these shelves up.  My excuse is that to cut the shelves to length, I'm gonna need daylight and I haven't been home for any of that lately.  So Sunday.  Sunday will be shelf hanging and kitchen cleaning day.  And then maybe I'll get a picture embedded in a post.

Assuming I don't get stuck on Midway, I will be a witness in the FNG's wedding on February 21st.  I'm kind of excited.  And considering that I beat out the bums on the courthouse lawn for the honor makes it all the more sweeter.  FNG has a new suit, and I'm sure Joan will be beautiful, so now I need to figure out what to wear!  Ack!  It probably also means that I should shave my legs.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment