Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Midway, Day 54

Well, we are well over the halfway point, turns out.  Adam's departure date from the island is March 15th - almost two weeks earlier than the latest report.  And I think he couldn't be happier about it.  I'm kind of lamenting my lost two weekends in there to finish up all the STUFF I was "going to get done" while he was gone.  Ah well, would rather have the boy back.

It's 7p, and I'm sitting down to steak & green beans.  Gaia is going to town on her broccoli.  I haven't begun to think about packing, other than the obligatory lists engineers make, or the box of stuff I've gathered upon Adam's request.  Let's not even mention the personal hygiene that needs to get done tonight (bets on how long it's been since I shaved?), and I'm toying with the idea of making Cookie #4 to bring out with me.  Maybe I'll save that for if I'm still wired at midnight.  The washing machine bit the dust last night, so any hopes of that final load of clothes has been lost.  I'm actually going to end up bringing some dirty clothes with me to wash out there, which seems silly.  I think it'll actually work out well, as long as I can get my OCD over the idea of packing dirty clothes.  I have been dancing about all day, mostly because otherwise the excitement explosion would overtake me and the lab would have looked like Pompeii.  All focus was gone by about 1:30 this afternoon, and then I buttoned up my expense report, packed up and bailed out.  One good walk with the pooch, a run to Trader Joe's for chocolate goodies (holy crap, am I stocked up!), and an hour at the gym brought us to the current.

The long and short of it is that I am UNBELIEVABLY excited, have a shit ton to get done, and less than 12 hours until Niki picks me up!  Eeeeeeee!!!

You'll miss me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment