Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Midway, Day 69

Apparently it's been another week since I've posted.  And I swear I'm working on getting pictures together.  I feel like I need three different sets though (here, dorkbook, and work) and every time I start going through them all I get overwhelmed.  I swear it's on the agenda to get done before Monday.  (That's a self imposed deadline of five days, which means I'll procrastinate for four more.)  Soon you'll all forget that I even went and boy, then will those pictures be a surprise.

Planning for Europe is in full swing.  Adam got us tickets on a hotel train for our Barcelona to Paris travels.  He was going to surprise me with it all, but got so mad with the website that he asked me to help.  (To his credit, the website was horrible - even worse than the British Airways experience.)  But - assuming we got the right tickets - it's going to be awesome.  We get dinner and breakfast on the train, and our own sleeper car with head and shower.  Sweet!  And we're looking for apartments in Barcelona, which would be a pretty sweet alternative to staying in a hotel.  Also starting to make a list of things I'll need for as soon as my REI dividend becomes available.

I feel like all the days since I've been back have blurred together.  The weekend was spent mostly on figuring out if the busted washing machine is worth fixing or replacing (turns out the latter - new washer & dryer coming Saturday!!), hanging out with Gaia and making up work hours.  I had dinner with Dana and Suzanne Sunday, which is always wonderful.  Monday I spent the day chasing non-existing airplane problems, and discovered that SDOT is serious about repaving my street.  Gaia and I will be spending lots of time in Ballard in the next few weeks - so much so that I'm keeping her at Adam's during the day, coming back up to G-Wood to pack a bag for a couple of days and head back.  Hopefully they'll be done with the section that's only feet from my bedroom in a week or so.

Yesterday was FNG's wedding.  I emailed before I left Midway to make sure he was still getting married, otherwise I would have stayed another week out there.  He did, and it was fabulous.  Turns out the presiding judge was also in charge of the drug court, so there was lots of interesting things on the walls.  We all had a blast - even Mrs. FNG's mom.  Then dinner at Place Pigalle, which was phenomenal.  Duck with zucchini, hazlenuts and fig.  And good wine and great company.

Anyway, 7p was my self imposed deadline for this post.  Kitchen needs cleaning, two-day bag needs packing, and more fabric needs cutting tonight.  Gotta get started before I'm allowed to open another beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment