Thursday, February 9, 2012

Midway, Day 55

So this should really be "Midway, Day 55/Day 0."  I'm sitting in Bradley Pacific Aviation's waiting room with all my stuff, waiting for the sun to start going down so we can take off and head to Midway.  Mostly uneventful commercial flight from Seattle to Honolulu, although pretty bumpy.  Got halfway through another John Rain book, got a little nap, tried to stay hydrated.  Nearly had a heart attack when my seat was double booked and the flight attendant took 10 minutes to figure out where to put me.  Got a cab and some sushi, coffee and a smoothie in Honolulu, then set up camp here.  Even got a little work done; wi-fi should be free in every airport waiting area.  The waiting room has been taken over with pilots who are coming and going, meeting for the next days' flights.  It's interesting to speak the language and be able to translate all of their plans.  My pilot has checked my passport and a few people have asked how I got so lucky to not have any official business out there, but still be able to spend a week with the albatross.  I'm sure as hell ready to go, partially because the G2 is totally sweet and I want to check it out, but mostly because I'm just stoked to get there.  But we still have an hour until we even walk to the plane.  Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment