Monday, February 27, 2012

Midway, Day 74

Oy vey.  So today was a sick day.  Didn't sleep worth a damn last night, and didn't want to start another week in the sleep deprevation hole.  So I planned to sleep a little late, call in to a silly meeting, and go to work.  Well, after said silly meeting, I still felt like crap, so I just called the whole thing off and went back to bed for another few hours - until NOON.  I can't tell you the last time I was in bed 'til noon.  The rest of the day was mostly just snuggling with Gaia on the couch watching movies.  Made it to the gym and successfully got up some V2's (and not so successfully on a few others...), then met one of my former coworkers for beers up at Dingle.

Am still without clean clothes, but fortunately, I have way more clothes in general than one person would ever need, so we're good there.  Might run out of clean socks, but smartwool doesn't smell... right?  The saga continued Saturday afternoon when the delivery/install guys showed up, determined the space was too small to connect things, made me sign some papers, and left - presumably to go get beers on company time.  So I went up to Home Depot to order a new set, which are even more totally sweet than Saturday's non-delivered set, albeit more expensive.  But this new set also included driving to Best Buy in Tacoma to pick up the "stacking kit" so that these things could get delivered and installed before Mom & Dad get out here in two weeks.  It's becoming quite the ordeal, and hopefully it will all be over on Thursday.

I did (FINALLY) get started on Bridget's baby quilt, and I already love it.  I'm very excited about how it's going to look when it's complete.  I need to sandwich Molly's together this coming weekend - and hopefully my mom will be willing to do the binding while she's here - and then finish up Bridget's before the Europe trip, because I think she's expected to pop while we're gone.

Worth noting is that today is the one year anniversary of our first date.  That's right, the one where Adam was 20 minutes late and I thought he stood me up.  Also the same one that we had so much fun that I was giddy for days.  Not sure what it was (is) about this boy, but I'm pretty well hooked.  Maybe it's Gaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment