Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cranky Pants

I get to the test today and every one is cranky.  And Phil - who's not even here - was spreading the crank love all over the lab.  We ended up retaking some data, ulitmately due to a failed bit of equipment.  But the finger pointing was all over, on shaker force levels, on data analysis, on how-didn't-you-catch-this-or-that, or why-did-you-use-those-values.  Massive miscommunication.  (Like, when you say "this file here is the plan that we will follow to the letter" you need to SAY that you actually mean "this is a general guideline to what we may or may not do over the next few weeks" and when I say "I'm not really sure what I'm doing" you cannot say "oh, you'll be fine... NO, DON'T DO IT THAT WAY.")  I got chewed out, I did some chewing out, and ended up pretty pissed off about the whole thing.

And then I took it out on FNG.  And now I feel like a jerk.  He kind of walked in the midst of everything and since I was getting the finger pointed at me, I passed it on to him, which was not cool.  I apologized, he told me he would turn my skin into a sweater and we moved on.  But I still feel like a jerk.  And like we're tiptoeing around each other.  But it's day six of testing, day six of long days, missing our home lives, not getting enough sleep, and not making great strides towards finishing the testing.  This is about when we all start bitching at each other.  Another day or two and we'll all be over it.

I did pick up some phad thai on my way in, which was good - even cold by the time I got to it.  It fared much better than the sushi from the deli yesterday after it sat around for two hours.  Guts are fairly unhappy - probably from the package of GF oreos ("dream cookies") that I've demolished over the last three days.  And the Flying Apron cinnamon roll.  Or maybe the fact that it's 83.7 degrees in the motorhome and my sandwich is practically melted by the time I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment