Sunday, May 13, 2012

Meh.

Here we are, day three of GVT'ing.  There's hope that we'll be out before midnight tonight, but since we're all so damn excited with the prospect, it won't happen.

Adam's out climbing for the weekend, so it was girls' night last night at my place.  Gaia and I had snacks and beer for dinner, put on our comfy pants and watched some SNL.  And by that I mean, I had snacks and beer, put on my comfy pants and watched SNL.  Gaia got kibble, a pee treat and then stared at my cookie until I ate it all, then gave me the "F-U, Darling," plopped down on the opposite side of the couch and passed out.

Friday night when I got home there was a white Camry in my spot, so I parked it in and left a note that said "You've parked in my spot and now you must wait until I'm ready to leave.  If you park here again I will have you towed."  Which I think got the message across.  But then I spent the rest of the night worrying that the car belonged to the stalker or that they'd relatiate and slash all my tires (which, Adam pointed out, would still not improve their situation at all, so then we could at least have a confrontation about it).  Either way, they had figured out how to get out Saturday morning, and my bumper still looks in tact, so it's FINE.  But the whole thing put a damper on what was otherwise a wonderful dinner made ready when I walked through the door, bottle of wine ready and everything.  Adam slow roasted the pork shoulder, made mushroom risotto, and sauteed zucchini.  It was pretty much amazing.  And now I'm getting hungry for the leftovers that are still in the fridge.  Salad again today.

Today is mother's day, and I left a message for Mom Potter.  It feels more like a silly Hallmark holiday than anything.  Why should I not love my mom just as much every other day of the year?  Well, jokes on you Hallmark, since no one in the family has it together enough to get Mom something on this day anyway.  Andrew said he'd Facebook friend her as a gift.  Not sure my dad's radar even pinged this day.  I read an article yesterday written by a mother who had lost a child, giving her perspective on the whole thing.  Heartwrenching.  Just another marker in the year for a reminder of the loss.  Again, screw you Hallmark.

Anyway, pulling out of that... not much more to report - it's still 75+ and perfect here.  Got the bike on the back of the jeep, so hopefully we're out of here enough before dark that I can ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment