Thursday, December 15, 2011

Midway, Day 0

Adam is en route to Midway.  We chatted last night before I went to bed, and then again this afternoon before he left the hotel (and couldn't find his sock!).  He got to the G2 that would take him to MDY around 4:30 local time and then my phone started going off.  First Adam texted a picture of the plane.  Then Jo forwarded the same picture.  Then the madness started.  For the next two hours my phone pinged with texts every few minutes.  And somehow I got in the middle of a conversation with Adam, Jo and Seth.  I was so confused.  But he went wheels up at 1743 HST and is on his way!  I did some sluething online and found the call sign of his airplane so Jo and I could track it (and I also just realized it was on of the pictures he sent - he's going to have to work harder to be anonymous).

Goodbye cell phone coverage.


Kevin brought over the potentially gluten free beer that we made last month and I sampled some (so far, so good), and made some dinner (as my phone continued to blow up).  Soon enough everything quieted down and I had my dinner - WITH BEER! - did some flight tracking and started cleaning up and making chocolate beet cake (and another mess). 

Food, beer, flight stalking.  Done.

Bed time soon.  I'd love to say only one more day this week, but I'm on the hook for TM duty Saturday & Sunday, so really I have 7 more days this week.  WTF.  Danger Mutt is still going to town on the moose antler.  She is so not allowed to bring that thing to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment