Saturday, December 17, 2011

Midway, Day 2

Well, Adam successfully made it to Midway Thursday night.  I got my "I have arrived" email about 2:30a Seattle time.  And then the next bit of communication I got was a stack of photos like this:


Are you shitting me?


Friday was mostly uneventful, aside from some solid funnies from the guys at the lab - even if none of them got my Tommy Boy reference.

Oh, and that maybe gluten free beer was not so much gluten free.  I woke up Friday morning with a bit of a stomach suck, which only got worse as the day went on.  By 3p, I was on my way home for a two hour snuggle with Danger Mutt.  I attempted to go to the gym, but as I ran from my parking spot to the door of Trader Joe's, I nearly passed out, so I went home for another nap.  Made it to Dana's for a blind champane (i.e. generic bubbles) tasting, which was wonderful, although I definitely stayed too late.  No surprise that I felt hungover all day today.

I talked to Adam for nearly an hour via Skype. Then we hung up until I could call at his land line in the clinic next week because the connection was getting spotty and we were repeating bad jokes that didn't need to be repeated.  So glad to talk to him - wish the video bit would have worked.

Now I'm trying to write this post, but Scrubs reruns are on and I keep getting distracted.  I need to be back to the TM room at 6:30a tomorrow, so I should just give up and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment