Monday, November 7, 2011

Belize, Day 1

Yesterday morning Adam left for Belize.  WHAT. A. RELIEF.  I had been stressing over any and everything anticipating this week.  Well, maybe not this week in particular, and maybe more so everything that's been going on up to this point and the lack of a future plan.  Sleeep - real actual recouperative sleep - has escaped me for a while now.  Last night I crawled into bed at 9:30 and didn't move again until the dog's stomach made such loud, weird noises that she woke me up before the alarm this morning.  I finally feel like I can focus and function like a normal human being again.  Sleep, good.

Let's recap yesterday's adventures though:  Head of the Lake Regatta in the morning.  Perfect day to be sittingin a launch watching some rowing:

Doesn't suck.

Then a nap.  Not so epic, but the best 90 minutes of sleep I've had in a long time.  You'd think that even this little nugget of rest would rejuvinate my brain cells, but I still dropped more than my fair share on the Patagucci Pro Deal yesterday afternoon.  Dinner was perfectly grilled chicken coated in spices and a large squash of some sort roasted and pureed with maple syrup.

The real highlight of yesterday though was when I decided that the hairs on my upper lip were quite noticible and that I should use some Nair to remove them.  I've done this in the past - no big deal.  In fact, I know Adam even endorses this plan.  So off I go to the bathroom, slather some on, and immediately feel the burn of chemicals on my face.  I think maybe this is burning a little more than normal, but wait it out the instructed five minutes on the bottle.  As I begin to wash it off, I now know that something is terribly wrong.  The burning isn't stopping.  Every tiny muscle movement in my face reminds me that I just put harsh chemicals on my upper lip.  An emergency application of petroleum jelly settled the burn down, albeit temporarily.  I think I'm going to be nursing this until Adam returns next week.  Thankfully I was a bit sun & windburned from my launch sitting that it's not all THAT noticable today.  Otherwise I would most definitely have a chemical burn mustasche - appropriate for Movember - but not hot.  Not even a little bit.

1 comment: