Monday, November 7, 2011

Belize, Day 2

Apparantly one of the shop managers was out pheasant hunting over the weekend and shot his calf off.  This was the main topic of discussion at work today.  All day.

Gaia tore a ligament about a month ago running up the stairs at Adam's place, and since he kept insisting that she didn't NEED to go to the vet, I used this week as the perfect opportunity to take her.  Gaia LOVES the vet.  Probably because they gave her treats and didn't stick a thermometer up her ass.  This vet happened to specialize in holistic healing and -- doggie acupuncture.  Gaia was a champ (ate lots of treats, fell asleep during treatment and didn't eat any cats) and is now passed out on the floor.

The needle is not photoshopped to look like a unicorn point.  It's real.


Dinner was halibut and sauteed carrots & parsnips with rosemary and honey.  But since I didn't have any rosemary I used curry powder instead.  Dinner was the epilogue to lunch of leftover carmelized carrot risotto.  I don't even LIKE cooked carrots, I don't know why I keep cooking them.  Probably because I got a free five pound bag of carrots with the Chinook book.  Why?  Because Adam is a closet coupon fiend.

1 comment: