Friday, November 11, 2011

Belize, Day 6

This post brought to you by Kevin & Tracy's wi-fi.  Hanging out, making beer, shooting the shit.  Trying to figure out what the HELL bit the inside of my upper and why the HELL it's swelling and tingly.  Something from the cat that's wandering about, I suspect.


Whatever is in that little vial will
make normal beer into Gluten Free beer!


Early arrival at work for a 7a flight physiology class.  This also meant an early departure, woot!  But I woke up at 2:00 (on the nose) this morning and didn't ever go back to sleep.  So as soon as Kevin finishes making this apple/butter/vanilla/brown sugar business to go on ice cream, I'm headed home for a solid nap tonight.  I woke up with heavy things on my mind, so it was undoubtedly stress and an overactive brain that kept me up all morning.

Physiology class wasn't so bad, even thought it was four hours long.  I got a good hit off the oxygen bottle ("to make sure I knew how it functioned") before i was allowed to "graduate" the class.  We watched lots of horrible FAA safety videos, evacuation videos from the 777 and A380, and a fantastic audio conversation between a pilot declaring emergency due to hypoxia and the ATC guy trying to figure out what was going on.   The rest of the work day was uneventful - Fridays seem to be slim pickin's around the lab lately.

I did have to make a Costco run to get the fixin's for the five dozen maple bourbon bacon cupcakes I'm making tomorrow.  Is it possible to get out of that place for under a hundred bucks?  I'm starting to think not.  Then it was off to my scheduled mani/pedi, compliments of Groupon (or some similar site).  It was awesome because they decided they needed to the manicure and pedicure at the same time.  So at one point, I had three different people waiting on me.  It was very Cleopatra-esque.  Or Queen of Sheba.  Or something.  Anyway, I'm watching the woman across the room get her manicure and the gal doing her nails starts massaging her head while her nails dry.  Sweet.  I get excited and I sense the manicure woman getting behind my chair to do this massage thing.  You know in the movies and on TV where they show someone getting a massage and the massuese is doing the kung-fu chop-chop on their backs?  That is what this woman starting doing on my forehead.  It was like thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap, then she'd slap my cheeks around for a bit, then kind of do my temples, then back to thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap-thwap on my forehead.  There had to be some kind of hidden camera.  Look for me on America's Funniest Home Videos.  Because I think that show is seriously still on the air.

On the way home, it started hailing.  Then lighting, and the associated thunder.  I'm sure all of Seattle freaked out.  Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!  But then it was over and Gaia and I had a very short walk, because while I think the back leg is still improving, she's not quite ready for the doggie track team.

1 comment:

  1. Please start making beer with the vial that makes normal beer memory enhancing, hangover free beer.

    ReplyDelete