Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kalispell, MT

Adam is off in Northwest Montana, interviewing for an ortho job.  This was one of the triggers that led to our DTR a few weeks ago.  I'm wicked stressing out about it all now - what if he GETS the job?  And then what if he GOES?  Will this emotional investment in the last some months be null and void?  We fell pretty easily back into our routine (or lack there of) for the 48 hours he was back in Seattle.  And having my non-dog snuggle buddy back was pretty sweet too.  The idea of starting over after this one is awfully daunting.

We have begun planning a post-Midway reunion in Maui.  That is, if he doesn't fall in love with the Jane Goodall of albatross and I don't meet the man of my dreams (according to him) in these three months.  And let me define "planning": I have been thinking about meeting him in Hawaii for a few weeks now, and then accidentally purchased a week stay on Maui, and seriously started looking.  I wasn't even going to bring it up yet, with all the stuff on our respective radars these days.  But last night, he suggested it and I pretty much said "Yes, I will let you believe this genius idea was yours."  He's done mid-March, which happens to be spring break, which means everything is uber-expensive (but that also corresponds to the time where I will actually have a week of vacation saved up).  Oy.  But when's the last time I actually went on a real vacation?  According to Dana, too f-ing long ago.  So might as well bite the bullet and put down the cash.

Got to spend all day locked inside a 737 for engine ground runs.  Same goes for tomorrow, and I will remember to bring more layers because those things are NOT heated.  And a book.  Becuase 30 minute conditions with no online data to look at are snooze central.  Hoping to get a run in before making the airport pick up.  I feel like I need to redeem myself after Saturday's debacle.  Thankfully, I'll have at least two chances between now and Midway.

Also freaking out about the fact that I leave for my week on the east coast in THREE DAYS.  Where did November GO?  I'm stoked about the trip, but I feel like there's way more than three evenings of  stuff to take care of between now and then.  Over the Rhine at the Triple Door Friday night will be AMAZING, but will take away my evening to pack.  Good thing I have a direct flight to Boston and can take a five hour nap.

Last fricken' volleyball game tonight.  Not excited.  But it's just one more hour of playing time.  Three more games to be lost.  Then we can be done with this silliness.  Unrelated, I stopped by John R's to drop off some knives for him to sharpen.  He told me I was looking especially skinny, in kind of a concerned father tone.  I told him it was probably stress.  So then I went to Trader Joe's and got some PB Cups and Crunchy Curls for dinner.  That should take care of things.  Also made some turkey meatballs, which were not only totally healthy, totally substantial and totally a legit dinner, but also totally DELICIOUS.

1 comment:

  1. Adam's trip to the Big Sky?
    Two words: Violet Wool.
    I will say no more.

    ReplyDelete