Saturday, November 12, 2011

Belize, Day 7

T-Minus 8 hours until Adam's back home.  Getting excited.  Probably not as excited as Gaia though.  And definitely not as excited as Jo.  (Sorry dear.)

Spent all afternoon making Maple Bourbon Bacon Cupcakes (v2.1).  I think the recipe is done.  They're pretty awesome, and I finally got the ratios on the frosting right.  A dozen go to the auction tonight, three dozen go to the cyclocross race tomorrow, and I'm not really sure what happened to the last dozen...  I swear there's still a few left!  John R came by to pick some up on his way to dinner with some non-auction attending folks - so MBB cupcakes are spread throughout the land tonight.

A sea of maple, bourbon and bacon.


Niki gave me some super cool jewelry to accessorize with tonight.  Skirt, heels, necklace... gonna be hot!  The plan is to attend the after party, but be totally ok with the fact that I will blow out before closing time and NOT be totally drunk because I have a hot date to get at the airport tonight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment