Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Belize, Day 4

You know what's possibly better than finding money in your pocket?  Finding drugs in your pocket.  Because admit it, that's probably what you were going to buy with that cash-money anyway.  Granted, asprin & tylenol don't have a lot of street value... but you get the idea.

I had dinner tonight with one of my newer friends from the rowing club.  We went to Blue Glass - a small plates place & cocktail bar near the Ballard Goodwill.  Great conversation, and a great reminder of how far into the rowing world my little tentacles stretch.  We talked a lot about tribes and the need for social interaction and that sense of community.  Strangely enough, we then bumped into Lisa and another COGnative cyclist, who repeated exactly that sentiment.

Today Pat & Fred both bailed out on me for the standard lunchtime run date.  Guess that's payback for all the times I bailed on them.  But today it was sunny & 60+ degrees - c'mon boys!  So I set off to do some interval work on my own.  But I ended up running with the only other woman in the building that runs, and really only 'cuz she happened to be heading out at the same time as me.  She went longer than I intended, but I figured since we were holding a steady pace, no big deal.  Mother Shitnuggets.  She ran me into the ground.  The woman is a machine.  By the time she was done with me, my legs hurt, my back hurt, my lungs hurt.  I limped around the rest of the day.  To top it off, she went another 20 minutes after she dropped me off at the gate and WASN'T EVEN BREATHING HARD.  I am rethinking my earlier statement about having any sort of badass embedded in me.

I have to say though that the highlight of the day was being butt-dialed by Zana.  Not just once, but TWICE.  Two big butt dials for this girl.  I thought maybe she had called because some sort of proverbial shit had hit the fan this morning, so I called back as I was making breakfast.  Nothing really, just some phone-in-pocket action.  But what a kick-ass way to start my day - a little bit of Zana.  THEN she left me a TWO MINUTE message of pure pocketness while I was out getting my ass kicked on the pavement at lunch.  And it was amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I only butt-dial those I love. And for YOU, I give two minutes of ambient noise.
    That's LOVE baby!

    ReplyDelete