Sunday, November 13, 2011

Seattle Interlude

Well, the auction was a wicked success last night.  I think they raised nearly $100k.  Chance, Clint and I had a blast, and looked fabulous doing so.  I got a couple of bottles of wine in the silent auction, and didn't even intend on bidding on anything in the live auction.  Well.... it gets going and they put up a week stay in Maui.  No one is bidding, so I figure someone just needs to break the ice.  I put my my paddle for the opening bid, assuming I'm going to get outbid.  Not so much.  Next thing I know the auctioneer is saying "going once... going twice... SOLD."  Shit.  Guess vacation is planned for next year.  And it's not like a beach vacation WOULDN'T do me good.  Plus the cycling on Maui is fabulous and I'm sure I'll have no problem finding someone to go with me.  I think the condo would sleep four with an air mattress, and I might not have any problems finding three people to go with me!

Whoops.

Then Chance and I hit the Duchess with the standard troublemakers and I snuck out to go get Adam.  The wine and gingerbread martini hit me about the time I got to the airport - BAM.  No real warning, which was kind of scary.  Actually, really scary.  Don't want to play that game again anytime soon... or ever.

Slept in a bit and then delivered the cupcakes to the CX race.  Ended up not staying very long because I am Hung. Over.  Back for a nap with the pooch, and now waiting for Sunday night football to start and entertain me until Adam gets out of the hospital at 9p.  Then I'll get the full report on Belize - because I assume I didn't get it last night, but I can't be sure.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you all bidding confident and shit.
    It's kind of like ordering a an enthusiastic-python vs. chubacabra-naked-mole-rat statue.

    ReplyDelete